The event is hosted by Parkway Marina with live music and fun activities taking place on The Point at Parkway Marina! It's a beautiful place for an evening of celebration and a great place to view the fireworks display over the water!
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
- The Worx takes the stage at 5:30pm.
- The YMCA Kid's Zone opens at 5:30pm - Only $5 per child unlimited play! All funds are donated to the SVFC and participating non-profits!
- Fireworks begin shortly after dark.
- In the event of rain only the fireworks display will take place on July 3rd.
This is a FREE event! There is no charge to join in the festivities and enjoy the fireworks!
What About Parking?
- Parking is $10 per car load.
- Vehicles which require more than one standard parking space will be charged based on the number of spaces used.
- Funds generated by parking at official parking locations are donated entirely to the Saunders Volunteer Fire Company.**
- Parking is limited, please consider car pooling.
** Please note that if you pay to park at locations other than the official event designated parking locations, the fee may not be contributed to the SVFC!
Feel free to bring...
Blankets, chairs, excitement and enthusiasm!
Please do NOT bring...
- Pets (only service dogs are allowed).
- A cooler, grill or picnic basket (There will be some great food vendors at the event!)
- Alcohol beverages.
- A tent.
Watching from somewhere else?
If you are watching from a location other than Parkway Marina, please consider making a donation to help support the community and the event itself.
If you are watching from an area business, please help spread the word that business sponsorships for the event are available and greatly appreciated!
If you are watching from the water, the SML Water Safety Council requests that you travel at "no wake" speeds in the area between Parkway Marina, Bernard's Landing, Vista Point and Craddock Creek starting around 8:30pm.
Your Donations Keep
Us Fighting Fires!The Saunders Volunteer Fire Company is an All Volunteer Non-Profit Service Organization that works tirelessly and around the clock to keep the Smith Mountain Lake area a safe place to work, play and live.
Celebrate with a Bang!
A Spectacular Independence Day Fireworks Display Over the Water!
One of the lakes most anticipated events!
Live Music by
An award winning Mid-Atlantic regional band
Repeatedly voted the Best Local Band!
YMCA Kids Zone
Opens at 5:30pm
Activities for the kids!
Slides and inflatables!
Arts & Crafts!
A Beautifully Restored 1954 Carousel!
On The Point at Parkway Marina - Your host for Independence Day!
Donate In Person
Donate By Mail
P.O. Box 14
Huddleston, VA 24104